Re: alias using Virtual host

Hi Andre,

It worked but I need to check this with you:

I have bunches of lines in httpd.conf: several rules, ssl configuration, redirections, authentication providers….

I tried to put all these between <VirtualHost *:80> and </VirtualHost> to configure the first (and default) server. But apache refused to start after this because of:

<IfModule ssl_module>
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
</IfModule>

Now what I did is:
ServerRoot
Listen
LoadModule...
User
Group

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin you@xxxxxxxxxxx
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

now the rest of the config:

<Directory />

ErrorLog logs/error_log

<Location

Then, these lines:

<VirtualHost *:80>
          ServerName alias2
          ProxyPass / http://localhost:8094/
          ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8094/
</VirtualHost>

So basically my requirement is met. But I need to check whether the rest of the configuration is applied to the default server.

Thanks,