Re: Server-Variables in CondPattern of RewriteCond directive

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Basil Mohamed Gohar
<abu_hurayrah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone!  What I am trying to do is use the server variable
> %{SERVER_NAME} as the CondPattern argument to the RewriteCond directive.
>  However, all of my attempts appear to render the string '%{SERVER_NAME}' as
> a string literal, rather than replacing it with the variable name I expect
> (i.e., the value for the ServerName of the VirtualHost).
>
> Could someone please help me in trying to do this.  I would like to use the
> server variable as it would save me a lot of time as I am configuring many
> different VirtualHosts with similar, but not identical, setups, but this
> aspect is consistent for many of them.

Outside of htaccess, the pattern is compiled at startup, so you can't
use variables (because they depend on parts of the request, even
ServerName).

IIUC It's feasible in per-directory, but not implemented.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx