ProxyTimeout question

Hi there,

I have a quick question about the ProxyTimeout value. Does the value equate to the maximum amount of time it takes for the endpoint to make an initial response or does it relate to the whole time it would take to satisfy a request.

For example I have a fairly quick responding endpoint so I have the timeout value set at 30 seconds so that if the endpoint goes away I can return a timeout response after 30 seconds is up. But I have also got clients on dialup lines who are going to be downloading large files from the endpoint through my mod_proxy which will take longer than the 30 seconds currently specified.

I believe the value relates to the initial response but I would like clarification is anyone can provide it.

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.