Redirecting request from HTTP to HTTPS

Hi,

How could I redirect all my requests for http to https ?

Our application was running on oracle application server having inbuilt Apache HTTP server 1.3. It was recommended to us to upgrade the modules

of apache (like SSL, open SSL, perl and others) without upgrade the oracle application server.

Given the above situation, it was not possible to upgrade the apache modules without upgrade the oracle application server.

Then We decided to introduce a proxy server (Apache 2.2)

which will receive all the incoming requests and forward them to the existing Oracle Apache Server 1.3.

To do these changes, SSL was implemented on port 4430 and non SSL request to be recieved at 8080 for Apache 2.2.

Now Apache Server 2.2 receive all the requests on port 8080 and redirect the requests to the existing server 1.3

(which is reconfigured to run on a new port 8082 and SSL port 443).

Now I am able to redirect all my non SSL requests for port 8080 to 8082 by putting the below entry in httpd.conf file:

ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy *>

Order deny,allow

Allow from all

</Proxy>

ProxyPass /hsbc http://localhost:8082/hsbc

Now when I do the request from browser like this - http://localhost:8080/hsbc it redirects it to http://localhost:8082/hsbc.

However, I have to redirect the non SSL request to SSL request, like when the user requests for http://localhost:8080/hsbc it should be redirected to

https://localhost:4430/hsbc which should redirect it to https://localhost:443/hsbc. We cannot directly redirect the SSL requests to Apache 1.3

because we have to use the upgraded modules present at apache 2.2 and not 1.3.

Please help how could I redirect the http request to https as mentioned aforesaid.

Regards,

Tarun Narang

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachment are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you are not the intended recipient please telephone or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system.