Re: HTTP misconfiguration?

Pete,

I would suggest initially you tell us about your install of of HTTPD, is from source, or from a vendor package? Ca you show us your config? Either an anonomised one, or one that covers the main httpd config, along with your ssl config.

Is it possible that you have an overlapping config, that exposes your config files. i.e. a misconfigured docroot, or symlinks?

Also, what error were you getting when the "site was down" 40x?, 50x? - Specifics can help us here.

Cheers,
Tony