Vhosts directive for directory translation for mod_proxy?

Howdy All,

Simple question. Is there a directive I can configure under a mod_proxy vhost on my proxy box so that when a user connects to the proxy and the proxy sees a request for
something like /aaa/* that the directive would see the /aaa/* and translate it my.hostname.com/aaa/* ?

That possible? Would that be something I need to use mod_rewrite for?

My coders coded a a bunch of pages with hrefs pointing to local files on the server so when it is accessed internally, it works fine, but when accessed externally, those href paths are abmbigous because there is no hostname defined before the path.

Thanks,
Mike