Re: Mangled my Virtual Hosts

I think you're right on B. A third web site
(http://www.vizbizcardz.com) does not have the same problem. It's title
is correct, and is hosted on the same server.

Up until recently, I had VideoFortWorth pointing (purposefully) at
ProSportsResumes while I finished up the site. It seems GoDaddy must
have some kind of internal DB to house the titles it injects into its
frameset.

Thanks for all your help....

Krist van Besien wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Joseph Morgan
> wrote:
>
>> I think you're getting there....I hadn't thought of hitting with CURL...
>>
>> I use GoDaddy for hosting and DNS... I run my own server with
>> Apache/Tomcat. At GoDaddy, my forwarding is masked to my router's IP
>> (so you don't see the ip of the server)... But, I don't see how GoDaddy
>> can possibly mangle the two (at the moment), since the forwarding for
>> www.ProSportsResumes.com and www.VideoFortWorth.com are actually NOT
>> assuming virtual hosting is working.
>>

> GoDaddy is not doing any rewriting. What they are doing is hosting the
> site for you. They have virtualhosts configured for both of them, and
> serve a simple index.html when either of your sites is requested. They
> are not doing any redirecting either. The index.html they server
> contains a frame which contains your site.
>
> Basically this is either
> a) a limitation of GoDaddy
> b) a bug in GoDaddy's web forwarding.
> c) an error you made when configuring the redirects.
>
> I'd either contact GoDaddy technical support, or alternatively, make
> sure that both your domains resolve to your actual server. Only then
> will you be able to use name based virtual hosts...
>
> Krist

Quick access to Windows Live and your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8.