From: Jonathan Zuckerman [mailto:j.zuckerman@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thu 3/26/2009 18:06
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How to prevent a site to be grabbed ?

Use a one-time pad.  Every URL to an mp3 is not an actual resource,
it's a link that is generated when the user indicates a desire to
download the mp3, and the mp3 is then copied from a protected place to
a public place.  After that link is accessed one time, a script is run
which outputs the mp3 as a file, then deletes the public mp3 and
invalidates the link.  Hashing, cryptography, this is a classic
computer science problem ;)

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Password-protect it, and don't give the password to anyone. :-)
>
> If someone sees a page from your site, that page was already downloaded to the visitor's computer, and a visitor can create a program that download all the pages which he can access using a browser.
>
> Octavian

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such
person), you must not copy, distribute or take any action in
reliance to it.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately
if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for
messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of Minorplanet Systems plc shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it.
Minorplanet Systems plc, Registration no: 3372097
Minorplanet Limited, Registration no: 4072786
Greenwich House, 223 North Street, Leeds, LS7 2AA
VAT #: 698 1438 86