Re: Re: how to prevent mp3 downloading ?

Dan Poirier wrote:
> "J. Bakshi" <joydeep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>> Eric Covener wrote:

>>> You could use mod_rewrite to make sure the referer is set to something
>>> you expect, but it's still going to ultimately be downloadable.
>>>

>> Please suggest what else I can do.
>> Please
>>

> Please explain what you're trying to do.  It sounds like you just don't
> want anyone to download your files, but the solution to that is easy -
> don't put them on your server.

Ok, Here I am trying to give you all a more detailed view. At my site
there are a no. of pages where flash plugins are installed which plays
mp3 songs online.  The .htaccess has all the site grabber as banned. So
the site can't be grabbed with curl, wget , httrac etc......

But if you view the page source, you can see the link of the mp3 file.
As example http://mydomain.com/folder1/song1.mp3  and if you just put
this link in your browser, it simply give you the "save as" option and
you can save it with out any trouble. This simply bypass the .htaccess
restriction and I like to prevent this.

Any idea how to prevent it ?

thanks