From: Krumbein, Cedric
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:43 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Website timing out while uploading large files

I'm having a problem with a Mason-based internal website that I recently converted from HTTP to HTTPS.  One page in the website allows users to upload files.  When a user uploads a small file, everything works fine.  But when a user tries to upload a large file, which can take over a minute, the connection times out:

    Connection Interrupted
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

This failure consistently happens after 30 seconds.

Looking through the literature, I see that Apache HTTP Server does indeed put a 30-second timeout on uploading files.  How can I configure my upload page to extend or disable the upload timeout?

I'm new to Apache, so please don't assume that I already know the obvious.

Thanks,
Cedric
krumbein@xxxxxxxxxx