Re: Need assistance setting up a cgi program

REllis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Unfortunately no. You see FoxPro is an odd beast. It'll allow you to run a script/program without the extension. So from within FoxPro you can type "do c:\temp\appname" and it'll look for appname.prg, then appname.app. So the developers who wrote these apps are requesting pages like /cgi/login?foo=bar causing FoxPro to look for the login.prg or login.app. So if I use a rewrite rule like that it'll break if the code is a .prg instead of an .app and unfortunately they used both all over the place. Ideally I would make the developers rework their apps but unfortunately we've let the developers go and are maintaining the apps with the understanding that they won't be modified.

Shot from the hip : wouldn't "content negociation" help in a case like that ? I'm thinking vaguely of the mechanism that is normally used to return a .html.en or .html.es or .html.fr etc...