Re: Authentication/Authorization using HTTP Server

Okay now I m able to acces the webpage.
But this module supports only for Oracle 9i, not sure this would work for oracle 10g.
Lemme try it out.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Anthony J. Biacco <abiacco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That pages works for me, but if you're using php, just recompile php with  oracle library support (assuming you've installed the libraries from oracle's website) and you can access the db from your scripts.

-Tony

Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vasanth Kumar ravi <josvasanth@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:38 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Authentication/Authorization using HTTP Server

Well i did try to access the link http://oskin.ru/mod_auth_oracle.html, but
the page did not come up.
I did find that there are modules for mysql & postgresql, but the
application is running using oracle 10g.
Authentication would be implemented in httpd by using custom made php
script/pages.
we need to eliminate the weblogic from authen/authoriz and have them in
httpd & db.
hope this helps..

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Peter Schober
<peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> * Vasanth Kumar ravi <josvasanth@xxxxxxxxx> [2009-02-18 03:06]:
> > Is it possible to have authentication implemented at the Apache HTTP
> Server
> > , using the Oracle database as Authorization provider.
> [...]
> > We would like to implement a custom login page at the Apache , which
> > would in turn refer the oracle db for authorization.
>
> Two more things:
>
> * Since you said twice you'd like the authorization phase go to the
>  oracle db, what authentication mechanism should be used at with httpd?
>
> * HTTP Basic (or Digest) Authentication does not allow for a "custom
>  login page" (i.e. forms based authentication), so if that's your
>  requirement then you'd need to solve this programmatically anyway.
>  E.g. CGI with a Perl Script and DBI and DBD::Oracle, or whatever.
>
> You might as well do all this in Weblogic (of which I know nothing,
> but assuming it can do a few things similar to Apache Tomcat) and not
> httpd, since then you'll have JDBC and easy access to Oracle?
>
> cheers,
> -peter

Regards&Thanks,
Vasanth Kumar Ravi