Re: Authentication/Authorization using HTTP Server

Well i did try to access the link http://oskin.ru/mod_auth_oracle.html, but the page did not come up.
I did find that there are modules for mysql & postgresql, but the application is running using oracle 10g.
Authentication would be implemented in httpd by using custom made php script/pages.
we need to eliminate the weblogic from authen/authoriz and have them in httpd & db.
hope this helps..

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Vasanth Kumar ravi <josvasanth@xxxxxxxxx> [2009-02-18 03:06]:
> Is it possible to have authentication implemented at the Apache HTTP Server
> , using the Oracle database as Authorization provider.
[...]
> We would like to implement a custom login page at the Apache , which
> would in turn refer the oracle db for authorization.

Two more things:

* Since you said twice you'd like the authorization phase go to the
 oracle db, what authentication mechanism should be used at with httpd?

* HTTP Basic (or Digest) Authentication does not allow for a "custom
 login page" (i.e. forms based authentication), so if that's your
 requirement then you'd need to solve this programmatically anyway.
 E.g. CGI with a Perl Script and DBI and DBD::Oracle, or whatever.

You might as well do all this in Weblogic (of which I know nothing,
but assuming it can do a few things similar to Apache Tomcat) and not
httpd, since then you'll have JDBC and easy access to Oracle?

cheers,
-peter