Re: Why Would Apache be so slow??

Thanks for the advice. I did make a change to the modules section but like you said I suspect the problem is outside of Apache.

My network setup uses a DLINK 1Gbps gaming router connected to the ISP wire to fiber converter then from there to the internet somehow. On the other side of my router I use 1Gbps cable connecting to 1Gbps lan cards.

I tried tests where I used a computer (Laptop) on my local network (which goes through indicates the request comes through my router and after clearing the cache reloaded the site and in my logs:

200 22834 234375

so 23KB took .234 seconds or 780Kbps which seems slow but then for my configuration not sure if this is slow but much better than what I see in my logs for requests coming through the ISP router and through the internet.

If I try from the browser on the machine that is hosting the Apache server/site then it is extreemly fast. I get typically 15-32msec for a 22K file with a http status of 200 not 304.

I called my ISP and they said try  a dsl speed test which went up to 2Mbps upload but not sure if that is a true test of uploading html files through the system.

I will keep trying to understand and do some tests outside my network to see what happens.

Many Thanks,
-Tony