RE: Threaded MPM + mod_php/mod_python/mod_perl/mod_ruby.. thread safe?

It can pretty much be said about anything that uses libraries that are
not thread-safe, yes. While things like mod_perl are thread safe with
ithreads as far as apache is concerned, mod_perl won't guarantee the
thread-safeness of talking to the libraries, nor will any other mod_*
probably that uses that library. You have to check yourself which
libraries are ok, and which are not when you decide whether you can go
with the worker mpm or not. Or, in my case, with php I went with the
mod_fastcgi and the fcgi version of php. I simply don't have a whole lot
of php requests. But YMMV.

-Tony
Manager, IT Operations
Format Dynamics, Inc.