Re: port issue with reverse proxy

Torsten Foertsch wrote:
If you look for something that follows your HTML more closely have a look at mod_proxy_html (http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/). It can distinguish between

Ok, after a LOT of futzing around with other ideas and examples, I tweaked another example off the web that *kinda* works:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName externalserver.tld:80
 DocumentRoot c:\inetpub\wwwroot

ProxyRequests off

ProxyPass /info/ http://internalserver.tld:81/
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://internalserver.tld:81 /info
<Location /info/>
  ProxyPassReverse /
  SetOutputFilter proxy-html
  ProxyHTMLURLMap /          /info/
  ProxyHTMLURLMap /info      /info
  RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

I copied this from a site that explained how to do it. The problem is that I don't want to reverse proxy myserver.tld/info, I want to reverse proxy everything that goes to myserver.tld (i.e. http://myserver.tld/) over to port 81 but have it seen on the external side as myserver.tld.

Or, another example would be to have something like external.tld reverse proxy to internal.tld:8086 but have all the links contain external.tld. It seems like all the examples focus on situations where your reverse proxying external.tld/wiki to one server, external.tld/blog to another and so forth. I want to reverse proxy everything to one server.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!
Mike