Re: Apache 2.2.11 mostly not serving files

Eric Covener wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Jon Foster
> <jon-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Eric Covener wrote:

>>> Tried EnableSendfile off / EnableMMAP off?
>>>

>> Turning off EnableSendfile fixed the problem. Since it worked enabled in
>> 2.0.59 I guess something has made it incompatible with my kernel and /
>> or libc. I'm running the stock SuSE 9.0 kernel (2.4.21) and libc (2.3.2).
>>

> can you figure out the two APR versions (as opposed to httpd) involved
> and confirm no difference in SLES between the two Apache versions?

I was using APR 0.9.13 with HTTPD 2.0.59 and APR 1.3.3 with HTTPD
2.2.11. I also tried running the Apache 2.2.11 in my development
environment and was unable to duplicate the problem. The development
environment is running SuSE 9.0 as well, which I keep around to support
these older servers. The APR and HTTPD builds were identical as I always
build RPMs and install them. So I built the RPMs on the development box,
tested then deployed to the server where files weren't getting served.
The only major difference between the two systems that I can put my
finger on is that my development system is running a 2.6.15 kernel.

THX - Jon

--
Jon Foster
JF Possibilities, Inc.