Re: Problems with AuthType Basic in site file

I realize that wasn't a very complete response

A) replace "/status" with your location/directory.
B) the Tag can be <Location> for any mapping to that url,
or <Directory> if it is a static directory on your server.

C) this is assuming you have a centralized user/pass file
at /etc/apache2/htusers

D) if not, you need to create .htaccess, and .htpasswd files in the
directories you want to authenticate.