Re: A critical .htaccess problem

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM, J. Bakshi <joydeep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brian Mearns wrote:

>>> Hello Brain,
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for this in-depth know how.
>>>
>>> You are right as I don't like to allow browsing svn repos through HTTP.
>>> Your other assumption is also right that the .htaccess is somehow
>>> inherited. But .htaccess does not contain the primary server
>>> configuration. It is only demarcating the LAN from the Internet. I don't
>>> mind though if svn is accessable through http inside the LAN but the
>>> important point is even from the internet it is also accessable through
>>> HTTP. That's why I am looking a way so that I force the svn to allow
>>> only HTTPS. I have also placed the SSLRequireSSL inside <Location
>>> /repos> part but it had no effect i.e. still an internet user can access
>>> it through HTTP.
>>>

>> Did you try the "Satisfy All" directive in that Location?
>>

> No, there is no "Satisfy All" inside <Location /repos>

Ok, well try adding it then. If your Location is inheriting any auth
directives from another configuration, and you don't have a Satisfy
All, then a request will be approved if it satisfies ANY auth
requirement. Just as an example, if you have an "Allow from all"
somewhere, then no additional auth directives, like SSLRequireSLL,
will be effective without the "Satisfy All", because every request
will satisfy that one requirement.

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/