Re: How can I stick with www only ?

.htaccess files are used to control directories.  httpd needs to
connect a server name with the directory.  Having directories specify
server names would be complicated.  The prime use of .htaccess files
is delegating control of a directory to someone without access to the
main configuration.  Configuring server names requires access to the
main configuration.  (Or a file added to the main config with Include,
which has the same responsibility as being able to edit the main
config.)

Three scenarios:
1. httpd ignores server names.
http://example.com
http://www.example.com
http://www.example.net
If these URLs accessed the IP Address and port of httpd, they would
receive the same response.

2. Named-based Virtual Hosts
The ServerName and ServerAlias commands specify which VirtualHost
section applies to which server names.

3. Rewrite based on server name.
A complicated method to implement name-based virtual hosts.

httpd must either use one configuration for all requests or use
name-based virtual hosts.  Any commands specifying different
configurations for specific server names must be in the main
configuration.

Did I miss anything?

solprovider