Re: One host, two SSL sites

El Martes, 20 de Enero de 2009 22:49:36 John Oliver escribió:

> > I'm not familiar with the RHEL init scripts. However, looking at yours it seems to me that you need to change more things if you want to get those two instances work independently. For instance, you should also change your httpd.conf to set the new PidFile to /var/run/httpd2.pid
>
> I have done so.
>
> > You should read the /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions file to understand better what this script is really doing (like those killproc functions that would likely kill both instances when you try to stop just one).
>
> Why, when each instance has it's own pidfile?

Well, just guessing. The only parameter passed to killproc is $httpd, so... If it takes the pidfile, sure it wouldn't kill every instance.

> If I absolutely have to, I will go that way, but I'm trying to keep
> these sites completely separate.  That shouldn't be impossible.  Back in
> the day, I remember machines running dozens of instances of Apache, each
> with their own config file, and all could be started, stopped, or broken
> beyond all belief completely independantly of each other.  I just can't
> credit the idea that the Apache developers went out of their way to
> break this functionality in newer releases.

It is not impossible. I just thought it was more convenient to do the other way, but it is not impossible at all. You can always call httpd directly to do what you want (stop/start/reload/restart each instance separately), and not use the init.d script if you aren't sure that it will work as you expect.