Re: FOSSkriti- FOSS mini -conference ,India

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:01 AM, zakir ahmed <shkhzakir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> We are a bunch of students at the Indian Institute of Technology
> Kanpur,India  , organizing FOSSkriti [1]. FOSSkriti is a mini-conference
> aimed at students in India with the aim of making open source software,open
> standards more popular. It also hopes to serve as a meeting place for young
> developers of open source software among the students in the country with
> representatives of open source projects.
>
> This year our focus is on the "Open Web". Anything from web frameworks and
> browsers, to server setup and management, network security and web standards
> (and by extension, most open standards).
>

> Please check out the Call For Participation at
> http://www.techkriti.org/fosskriti/cfp/.or Drop in a mail to
> fosskriti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for further queries.
>
> 1.http://techkriti.org/#/fosskriti
>
> Thank you ,
> Zakir Ahmed ,
> UG student , IIT kanpur,
> shkhzakir@xxxxxxxxxx

I'd just like to suggest that if you have time at your conference, you
might plan to host a PGP key signing party (details can be found at
http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html).
In addition to standard uses, a hobbyist can sign theirs site's
self-signed SSL server key, so anyone who trusts their key can also
trust their site.

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/