Re: configure script creating unsolicited dependencies

Michael Ludwig schrieb:
I want an Apache with the standard modules plus mod_rewrite.

  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache22w \
    --with-mpm=worker --enable-rewrite

However, I do get a lot of extra stuff. This is not what I want.

lobster:/usr/local/src/httpd-2.2.11# ldd httpd
[libsqlite3, libdb-4.4, libssl, libkrb5, libldap_r, etc]

For instance, I haven't asked for mod_ldap or other LDAP stuff to be
enabled, so what's the point of linking against libldap_r?

The operating system is Linux Debian Etch, the Apache version is
2.2.11. The system has quite some libraries installed, and it looks
to me as if configure thinks I want an Apache with all those features
possible.

The system also has the Debian Apache 2 installed, which happens to have
the almost the same set of dependencies (libprce being the only thing
missing), which looks sort of suspicious to me.

I'd like to understand how my build catches all the features the
distribution Apache already has. Does it have anything to do with
apr-config and apu-config?

And how can I prevent this unwanted configuration from happening?

Michael Ludwig