Re: Apache and Port 80 and 443

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
> <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> HI All,
>>
>> I have a new Mac Pro that will be hosting my "web presence".
>>
>> I am running Apache2 and I have everything working on one IP.
>>
>> I want to run my online store on a separate IP and NIC and port 443.
>>
>> So what do I do for apache to accomplish this?
>>
>> I have apache listening on all IP's by: Listen 80 and NameVirtualHost *:80
>>
>> Should I change this to:
>>
>> Listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80
>> Listen yy.yy.yy.yy:443
>>
>> Then do I modify my virtual hosts file to:
>>
>> NameVirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80
>> NameVirtualHost yy.yy.yy.yy.yy:443
>>
>> <VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80>
>>   // normal config
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> <VirtualHost yy.yy.yy.yy.yy:443>
>>     // My online store info
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> -Jason

Sorry, I just realized you might not be asking about SSL specifically.
If you already know how to set that up and you're just asking about
listening on different IP addresses and ports, then yes, the setup you
show above is correct. But just listening on port 443 does not
automatically give you a secure connection.

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/