mod_authn_dbd/mod_dbd problem with oracle

I'm running Apache 2.2.11 with ssl on windows and can't seem to get the
configuration right to use oracle for authentication. I've been searching
for a day now and can't find anything to help me make real progress.

So far I've installed the oracle 11gR1 client (11.1.0.6.0), which according
to the README-win32.txt is the same version APR was compiled against. I've
configured a tnslistener.ora file and can login to my db via sqlplus. I've
also verified that oci.dll is in my PATH by opening a command prompt and
typing oci.dll and getting an open with diallog.

When I start I get the following errors:
[error] (OS 126)The specified module could not be found.  : DBD: mod_dbd not
compatible with APR in get_driver
[error] (OS 126)The specified module could not be found.  : DBD: failed to
initialise

When I try to login (give the errors above I didn't think it would work), I
get the above errors and
Failed to acquire database connection to look up user 'me'

Here's what I added to httpd.conf based on the documentation I found, is
there something wrong with this config?

LoadModule authn_dbd_module modules/mod_authn_dbd.so
LoadModule dbd_module modules/mod_dbd.so

DBDriver oracle
DBDParams "server=myserver:1521 dbname=mysid user=,myuser
password=mypassword"

DBDMin  4
DBDKeep 8
DBDMax  20
DBDExptime 300

<Directory "C:/Apache/Apache2.2/htdocs/private">
  # core authentication and mod_auth_basic configuration
  # for mod_authn_dbd
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "My Server"
  AuthBasicProvider dbd

  # core authorization configuration
  Require valid-user

  # mod_authn_dbd SQL query to authenticate a user
  AuthDBDUserPWQuery \
    "SELECT password FROM acl_users WHERE username = %s"
</Directory>