Re: Apache abending in Dreamweaver and not serving test pages

Sandy Cureton wrote:
> A Test html file doesn't work, and when running under ie 7 and when
> accessing in Dreamweaver, it abends.  Have the error  logs, but not sure how
> much to put here to get help.  It doesn't actually show an error before
> ending  - I don't think.  MySQL and PHP seem to be working.  It worked for
> about 5 minutes before blowing up.  Any suggestions.  Before going the
> apache route, I had istalled IIS and it installed OK but wouldn't show the
> test page.

mod_log_forensic will push out the headers before parsing them, and then
show each request that was completed.  A simple script;

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/support/check_forensic

will show you just the delta of the incomplete requests.  The page

  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html

has some information about installing the -symbols.zip file on top of httpd
so that you can have Dr. Watson provide some useful information about where
it crashed; this is likely a crash of PHP itself, but can't be sure without
finding the FAULT HERE >>> line and the calls above it.