Re: Setting DirectoryIndex to a Location?

I believe DirectoryIndex is what you're looking for:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex

The directive takes a local url as the argument. Yours, I guess, would be simply

DirectoryIndex /eumel/linch

I'll give you a heads up though, you may have difficulty figuring out
what directory you're actually supposed to index from inside your perl
script. As I recall, the "REQUEST_URI" evn var should give you address
requested by the client (at least it does in PHP), but you'll need to
figure out how to translate that into a local system path. If you
don't use to many aliases or rewrite rules, it shouldn't be too hard.

Also, just an FYI, it looks like you might be able to use the UserDir
directive to accomplish what you're now doing with Aliases. Not sure
if one is better than the other.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_userdir.html

Hope that helps,
-Brian

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Given the following configuration:
>
> Alias /eumel /home/milu/www/eumel/www
> <Directory   /home/milu/www/eumel/www>
>    Options +Indexes
> </Directory>
>
> <Location /eumel/linch>
>    SetHandler perl-script
>    PerlResponseHandler Eumel::Web::LinCh
> </Location>
>
> Is there a way to make the program at /eumel/linch the
> directory index without resorting to an HTTP redirect?
>
> Michael Ludwig

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/