Disable mod_proxy_html for subfolders

I'm setting up a reverse proxy system with Apache 2.2.8 on Ubuntu JeOS 8.04.1, and using mod_proxy_html. We have multiple backend servers, Apache identical to our proxy setup, and IIS.

Our root site requires the use of mod_proxy_html which makes it active for every sub-directory on the system. The issue we are having is that some of our pages served from IIS are malformed and the autocorrection features of mod_proxy_html end up showing us just how malformed they are. Ideally we would clean up the HTML, but we are looking at literally hundreds of sites with different 'owners.' Of course the whole point of this is that we are slowly migrating sections of our website to the apache systems and using CMS solutions for publishing, so in the long run this issue will be moot, but for the time being it is a big deal.

It would be perfect if I could add an entry in the virtual host file for a specific Location that turns off the mod_proxy_html features completely. Luckily most of the sites that have this issue use only relative links and the normal ProxyPassReverse covers them well. I have yet to find a way to do this though, so I thought I would ask here if that is possible.

In the mod_proxy_html documentation it says that some cleanup will not be done if you do not specify a Doctype, or if you specify a custom Doctype, however even when I tried that some tags are being corrected. One big one is unclosed <p> tags. mod_proxy_html is adding the closing </p> since the tag was unclosed, however it is putting it in the wrong place since it of course can't tell where it was intended to be.

Here are some selected highlights from my virtual host file:

ProxyPass / http://backendserver
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://backendserver http://proxyserver

<Location />
    ProxyPassReverse http://backendserver
    SetOutputFilter proxy-html
</Location>

## subfolder
ProxyPass /subfolder http://backendserver2/subfolder
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://backendserver2/subfolder /subfolder
<Location /greek2>
    ProxyPassReverse http://backendserver2/subfolder
    SetOutputFilter proxy-html
   ProxyHTMLURLMap /subfolder           /subfolder/
   ProxyHTMLURLMap /subfolder      /subfolder
</Location>

I've tried removing the ProxyHTMLURL and OutputFilter directives, but since the root folder being served by the proxyserver has those options set they also apply then to the subfolder. Is there a way to stop mod_proxy_html from not running at all within that subfolder? Or is there a way to completely kill its seemingly mandatory cleanup features for a subdirectory?

Thanks for any help.

-
Shawn Parr
Academic Services