Re: Virtual Hosts Problem - Many hours - No Luck

Joseph Morgan wrote:
Jim.... here is my changed httpd.conf file:

NameVirtualHost *

#

ServerAdmin admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DocumentRoot G:/webroot/htdocs/ProSportsResumes
ServerName www.ProSportsResumes.com

#

ServerAdmin cisly@xxxxxxxxx
DocumentRoot G:/webroot/htdocs/Cisly
ServerName www.Cisly.com

#

ServerAdmin admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DocumentRoot G:/webroot/htdocs/VizBizCardz
ServerName www.VizBizCardz.com

#

Please go visit the site.... and I've noticed something. When I use
IE, regardless of the host I go after, I get a mangled version of the
ProSportsResumes site. When I use FireFox, I get a perfect version of
the Cisly (my mom's) site.

WTH?
Joe

Jim Walls wrote:
> Joseph Morgan wrote:
>> I am having a problem configuring virtual hosts on my Apache 2.2.6
>> server. Apache ALWAYS serves up the first virtual host regardless of
>> the actual host requested.
>
> Well, that does not look close to my Virtual Hosts section of my
> httpd.conf - excerpted here:
>
> NameVirtualHost *
>

> ServerName no.name
> DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"
>

> ServerName www.k6ccc.org
> ServerAlias k6ccc.org *.k6ccc.org
> DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/k6ccc.org"
>

> ServerName www.thewallshouse.org
> ServerAlias thewallshouse.org *.thewallshouse.org
> DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/htdocs/TheWallsHouse.org"
>

> ServerName www.wc-phantoms.org
> ServerAlias wc-phantoms.org *.wc-phantoms.org
> DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/htdocs/wc-phantoms.org"
>

> The first is the default if someone comes in looking for the IP
> address. This works...

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account. <http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008>

Each one of those needs to be in a <VirtualHost *> ... </VirtualHost> block as per another reply. Just make sure that the first one defined is the one you want to answer if someone (even you) enter http://your.ip.address.here. And it will happen.

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062