Re: dbd syntax

I have solved this problem.
I am running fedora64 on amd64.
mod_dbd with mysql simply doesn't work on my install of apache 2.2.10.  I installed 2.2.11 and it works, but there are elements that I think are under-documented or poorly documented.
First, the DBDParams command for mysql requires that you put in a port or a socket, even if they are the defaults.  It does not require you to put in a database name.  The DBDParams can be delimited by a number of characters including a comma, space and '|', but it doesn't mention this in the documentation.
Secondly, the function in mod_authn_dbd that compares passwords compares the password your sql statement returns with an ENCRYPTED password.  It does say this once in the documentation, but all the sql examples do not indicate this.  There is no documentation about how to produce a password using the same encryption that apache uses.  I had to change the code for mod_authn_dbd to just compare unencrypted passwords.  For my application, encryption doesn't matter, and I think it's sort of silly to encrypt passwords that are transmitted in plain text anyway.  Documentation on how to produce an encrypted password in one's sql command would be useful.