Re: mod_dav_svn configuration to support multiple repositories

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Devraj Mukherjee <devraj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been successfully running mod_dav_svn locally at work and so
> far we have been using a single Subversion repository to store all our
> projects, but as work is growing we wish to run separate repos for
> various groups here.
>
> As far as I can see I have to make Location tag entries for each
> repository that I would like Apache to serve.
>
> Is it possible to configure mod_dav_svn such that I can use the
> equivalent of ReWrite rules in the Location tag and dynamically map
> back the URL to a destination repository?
>
> Any suggestions + experiences would be helpful. I am trying to make
> the configuration of the server bullet proof so  my users can create
> repositories and the Apache server honours them without any
> configuration changes.

If all repositories live in the same directory you can use the
SVNParentPath directove.
In the other case you will have to use seperate <location> blocks, as
they tell apache to hand over handling of a particular url to mod_svn,
something you can't do with mod_rewrite.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
krist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx