Re: Hide Directory

What exactly is it you're trying to do? Do you want, no matter what
"page" the user is viewing, it will always have a URL of just
www.yoursite.com? If that's the case, I think you're basically looking
to recreate a simple webserver in server side scripting. In other
words, you would need to write a script (say a PHP script, for
instance) that your server will execute whenever it gets a request
(that's easy to do) and your script should parse the URL requested by
the user, store that in a PHP session var (for instance), tell the
browser to redirect back to the root directory (i.e.,
www.yourserver.com, which you can do using the "Location" HTTP header,
for instance with the PHP Header() function), and then when they
request that, you can check the session var you saved and use that to
determine what content to server up.

So it's definitely possible. But if that's really what you're after,
it's probably a whole lot more work than it's worth. So once again, I
have to ask...what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/