Re: Apache2 shows path of docroot in the address bar

Eric Covener wrote:
[...]

apache2-default is located in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default or a
broken configuration shipped by Ubuntu and Debian Linux or comment out
the "RedirectMatch" bloated statement in the config file

I know it's a favorite thing on Apache and Tomcat forums to berate the Linux distributions, but I have been using Apache2 Debian distributions a lot, and my experience is that they work out-of-the-box and are easy to handle and reconfigure, once you get the hang of it (which is not hard). In this case, I would concentrate more on what the OP wrote in his first post, when he said he "fixed" it. I think the root of all the problems may be right there.

My own recommendation to the OP would be : de-install your Apache, if you still can after your fixes, re-install it using apt-get, and let's start back from there. It is very simple, and very easy to modify, as long as you don't start deleting and modifying stuff left and right without really understanding what you are doing.