From: David Hubbard [mailto:dhubbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 2:40 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  SSLCipherSuite not disabling export ciphers?

Can someone tell me if the SSLCipherSuite directive has
any known issues with not fully adhering to what it is
given?  I've been trying to make a server pci compliant
by disabling all weak SSL ciphers and whatever I try is
not disabling the export grade ciphers.  I'm using:

SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM

yet even after doing that, these six continue to work fine
when I test them:

EDH-RSA-DES-CBC-SHA  	56 bit
DES-CBC-SHA 	56 bit
EXP-EDH-RSA-DES-CBC-SHA 	40 bit
EXP-DES-CBC-SHA 	40 bit
EXP-RC2-CBC-MD5 	40 bit
EXP-RC4-MD5  40 bit

I've altered my directive to have !EXP and even to have
each of those six ciphers above explicitly excluded yet
they remain enabled.

Thanks,

David