X-CGI- Response Header Filtering

Hi,

I have an httpd server running CGI which use cookies to identify users.
The problem is that I would like to log the username in httpd logs.
The only solution I ve found is adding an HTTP Response Header called X-CGI-USERNAME but I had to write a module that removes it (because I don't want my users to receive this header) just after copying it in the httpd environment (so I can use it in LogFormat).

I've read in the rfc3875 (CGI) line 1502:
   There may be additional implementation-defined CGI header fields,
   whose field names SHOULD begin with "X-CGI-".  The server MAY ignore
   (and delete) any unrecognized header fields with names beginning "X-
   CGI-" that are received from the script.

The question is: are you planning to make httpd filter headers starting with X-CGI-, or do you have another solution so I don't have to use my own module?
It would be great if you could add a directive that allows us to keep or remove those headers.

Thanks in advance.