Re: mod_rewrite subrequests or last rules within <Directory>

Eric,

thank you.

Now I see it's mentioned at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/rewrite/rewrite_tech.html mentions
that 'in per-directory context mod_rewrite first rewrites the
filename... and then initiates a new internal sub-request with the new
URL. This restarts processing of the API phases.'

I originally only read
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html. It says
'Because the per-directory rewriting comes late in the process, the
rewritten request has to be re-injected into the Apache kernel' - but
it's not clear what is actually hapening to the request. Whoever
maintains this web page, please could you append something like 'as if
it were a new request - see
[http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/rewrite/rewrite_tech.html ]'  or '
and it checks for any applicable rules again, from all its per-server
or per-directory contexts' (or something more clear).

Thank you