Re: installation probs?

Jonathan Chambler wrote:
Hi,

I am new to PHP installation, I wish to make a local host server with
Apache, PHP and MySQL. I have installed Apache http Server 2.2, PHP 5 and
MySQL.
Apache show It Works! When tested. I have saved the file <?php phpinfo(); ?>
in the htdocs folder within Apache. When I try and open this with IE I get a
403 error page website declined to show able to connect to website but it
does to have permission to view.

I am running windows vista 32

Checking the error logs I see [dummy-host.localdomain] does not exist.

Thar Be Your Problem. instead of using a domain name, connect via either "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" -- both loopbacks to yourself.

and also, 403 means that the server didnt like your request. Try serving up a static page and if you get 403'd then you're gonna have to look into disabling UAC, which is the first thing you should do, then look into disabling the windows firewall. After that, it seems as if you're mostly on your own.