Re: Another "Premature end of script" headers problem

Dan Yamins wrote:
[...]

Sometimes -- only _sometimes_ -- when the script invokes the "draw" method,
I get a "premature end of script headers" problem, with error code 500.
Because the .draw method is outputing a file to disk, it seems like it might
be a permissions-related problem.
In my opinion, that would be unlikely, since it sometimes works, and sometimes not, and I guess the output file is always being written in the same place, no ?

But I can't figure out what t is easily,
becuase the problem only happens occasionally.  Moreover, when it happens,
if I just hit "refresh" on the browser to run the script again, then it
usually runs fine.    I haven't been able to figure out more than this.

"premature end of script headers" happens when the cgi-bin script crashes before it has even started to send back a response to the browser. So I guess your best option would be to add some logging into your script, and try to figure out when it crashes and for what reason. Whatever your cgi-bin script prints to STDERR will usually find its way into the Apache error log for that server. Do not print logging messages to STDOUT, or this will cause the "premature end of script headers" all by itself.