Re: Problems with .htaccess file

Reynier Perez Mira wrote:
Hi every:
I'm newbie using Rewrite rules with Apache and for that is my problem. I want to install Webacula application in one of my servers. This app have this .htaccess file:

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_flag register_globals off
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase   /webacula
RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$ index.php

Your rewrite rule is hitting itself after the redirect, since index.php does not end in one of the specified extensions. You can add an exception before it to avoid this

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php$
RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$ index.php

You might need to remove the slash at the beginning of "^/index\.php$" (I can't recall off the top of my head how the URI will look when defining the rules in an .htaccess file with a RewriteBase versus the apache config).

Justin Pasher

Now when I trying to access to the app URL I get this error:

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

I look into /var/log/apache2/webacula-error.log (wich is the log file for this VirtualHost) and this text is there:

Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Can any help me to fix this problem?

Regards and thanks in advance
Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira
Dirección Técnica IP