Re: how to uninstall httpd-2.2.10

My suggestion is:
1 packetize it if you can (it depends of which is your env: I mean, 4 example if you use linux rpm compatible with the command rpmbuild -ta httpd-x.y.z.tar.gz you should build all the packages apache related. I don't know the deb package syntax. If you don't use linux it depends of you operating system)
2 Install and uninstall the package using the os utilities.

If you did it using the classical ./configure; make; make install, yuo should take a look in the file
config.layout in the root of the archive.
##
##  config.layout -- Pre-defined Installation Path Layouts
##
##  Hints:
##  - layouts can be loaded with configure's --enable-layout=ID option
##  - when no --enable-layout option is given, the default layout is `Apache'
##  - a trailing plus character (`+') on paths is replaced with a
##    `/<target>' suffix where <target> is currently hardcoded to 'apache2'.
##    (This may become a configurable parameter at some point.)
##

#   Classical Apache path layout.
<Layout Apache>
    prefix:        /usr/local/apache2
    exec_prefix:   ${prefix}
    bindir:        ${exec_prefix}/bin
    sbindir:       ${exec_prefix}/bin
    libdir:        ${exec_prefix}/lib
    libexecdir:    ${exec_prefix}/modules
    mandir:        ${prefix}/man
    sysconfdir:    ${prefix}/conf
    datadir:       ${prefix}
    installbuilddir: ${datadir}/build
    errordir:      ${datadir}/error
    iconsdir:      ${datadir}/icons
    htdocsdir:     ${datadir}/htdocs
    manualdir:     ${datadir}/manual
    cgidir:        ${datadir}/cgi-bin
    includedir:    ${prefix}/include
    localstatedir: ${prefix}
    runtimedir:    ${localstatedir}/logs
    logfiledir:    ${localstatedir}/logs
    proxycachedir: ${localstatedir}/proxy
</Layout>

For example the manuals are into the dir /usr/local/apache2/manual and so on.
Please pay attention to the file LAYOUT too;
Remove the necessary files according to the config.layout
finally, the make install should add the user apache (verify your /etc/passwd file) and the init script (usually in /etc/init.d); remove them if present
I hope this will be enough for your issue
Regards, Michele
ps: excuse me 4 my bad english