Re: Conditional Blocks based upon Remote IP Address

Well more specifically with php its a security risk to enable display_errors and display_startup_errors and so I'm looking for a way to enable those features (before php executes and thus within apache) for only certain remote ip addresses (the developer boxes).

Do you know of a perl add-on that could do that? I'm not a perl programmer but if I found some good examples I could probably modify something to get it to work properly.

André Warnier wrote:
Clint Priest wrote:
Clint Priest wrote:
Is there any way to have some directives apply only to certain remote ip addresses? I would like to enable a few things only for a certain set of IP addresses.

Apart from the answers you already got, you should have a look at SetEnvIf. This will set an Apache variable, depending on conditions among which there might be the remote IP.
That variable then allows you to condition other things.

Of course, it all depends on what you mean by "enable a few things". Depending on what exactly you want to do, the answer may be simple or complex.

Also depending on which tools are available to you.
I am a mod_perl practitioner, and almost anything you could dream of, would be possible using or creating the appropriate mod_perl add-on to Apache.
To give you an idea, have a look here :
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/search?query=apache2&mode=dist