Re: Is this possible with Apache

export@xxxxxxx wrote:
This problem:

Client with IPaddress 1	 opens a webpage( starts CGI script
on Apache1.)
(Here on Apache1 is running an application/CGI script)
That script will fetch a page from  	Apache2.

How does it fetch it ?

So far so easy but I need the Client's IPaddress 1 to be recorded in log of Apache 2 NOT Apache1's address.

Something like this

Client's  IPaddress 1 				Client's  IPaddress 1

Client ------------------>Apache1  ------------>Apache2

			Apache1's addreess

Is this possible? Or must I use another proxy?

I guess the evident answer is "no", unless you give some more details of what you are trying to do, and maybe why.

For Apache2, the call comes from Apache1, so that is the address it will record. How would it know from which IP address Apache1 was called ? Unless you Apache1 cgi-bin script passes the original IP address somehow in its call to Apache2, and on Apache2 something picks up that argument/header and records it in the log.