Re: Mod_Proxy and 100-Continue

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's section 8.2.3 of RFC2616.  But anyway, I don't see why
> use the early keyword.

As mentioned earlier, I'm not actually using mod_headers or the early
keyword at all, I was using it to demonstrate the issue with
mod_proxy. The issue is that modproxy doesn't merge headers_out with
the proxy response from the backend correctly in the 100-Continue
situation, setting an early cookie using mod_headers was how I was
able to reproduce the problem without using mod_python, so that we
could strike it off the blame-list.

I still think it's a bug - mod_proxy must have a requirement somewhere
which says "merge headers from the backend response with the headers
that were set before the request was made", because this is what it
does in the general case. If modproxy didn't have this requirement it
wouldn't even attempt it, because I can understand it's not an easy
feat. But the fact remains that modproxy doesn't work like this 100%
of the time, and in my opinion screws up when it gets a "100 Continue"
response from the back-end. I call fishy! :)

Thanks!
Tom
--
http://www.tomwells.org