Re: mod_auth_ldap

>> Are you aware that there is no such module in 2.2.x?  Most of the auth
>> modules were renamed.  You probably want to load mod_ldap and
>> mod_authnz_ldap.
>>
> No I was not aware.  Thank you.  However I am still out of luck as there
> is no module with "*ldap*" in the name.  :(

Did you add the flags

--enable-ldap --enable-authnz-ldap --with-ldap

to your configure?  Something that is poorly documented is that
apr/apr-util can require flags that apache itself doesn't.

You might need the following if the configure process can't find ldap.

  --with-ldap-include=path  path to ldap include files with trailing slash
  --with-ldap-lib=path    path to ldap lib file
  --with-ldap=library     ldap library to use

Also, check the output to see if configure is finding your ldap libraries.
 To get back basics even more, you need to be sure that you have the ldap
headers and libraries installed.  On linux RPM systems, there's usually an
ldap-devel package you have to install in addition to ldap so you can
compile programs to use the libraries.

Good luck,

Sheryl