Re: Creating a relocatable build of apache

Thanks for the reply.  However, I am a bit confused.

So after, I copy everything from my build directory to my new machine,  I should edit the bin/envvars and point them to the apache libs.  However, inside the "apachectl" script,  I see that HTTPD is being hardcoded to the "build" machines build directory, so when I copy that over to my production machine and try to run "apachectl -k start" it tells me it cannot find httpd :(

Thanks,
Jonathon

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Jonathon Jonathon <thejunkjon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've looked all over google for "apache relocatable" as well as the archive
> for this mailing list and I've had no luck, so I've decided to post a
> message.
>
> I am currently building apache on my build machine at:
> "/path/to/apache/source"  and everything works great.  However, when I copy
> this "build" of apache over to my production machine, and try to start up
> apache, it seems that it is looking for all the files in the incorrect
> paths.  I was wondering what are some conventional, non-invasive approaches
> to making this run perfectly on my production machine?

After moving the install, update the absolute path used in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH/SHLIB_PATH/etc line in bin/envvars,  and "make
install" into an extremely unlikely to exist path.  (also, invoke
apachectl instead of httpd to make sure bin/envvars is used)

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx