Re: mod_auth_ldap

Jorge Medina wrote:
I would trust more an Apache version that you compiled yourself, since
this guarantees you have all dependencies installed.

The online building documentation is good:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html

Building it from scratch seems more difficult that what it actually is.
Don't fear it.

Below is the general sequence (you may adapt to Solaris and build
directories). You also need to decide what modules to build. Note that
"all" does not add ALL modules, you still need to specify some of the
modules you want. Try adding modules until you get what you need.

The list of modules is available here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/

You can run # ./configure --help for information on more options.

$ cd ~
$ tar -zxvf httpd-major.minor.build.tar.gz $ cd httpd-major.minor.build

## The following line creates the makefile
$ ./configure --srcdir=~/httpd-major.minor.build \
              --with-port=80
              --prefix=/opt/apache2
              --with-ldap
              --with-included-apr
              --enable-mods-shared="all ssl ldap authnz_ldap echo info"
## now lets build the software
$ make ## Finally, lets copy all required files in the directory ## pointed by the --prefix argument

$ make install
If you run 'configure' again, you may want to start clean:
$ make clean

You will still need to write the scripts to start the daemon when the OS
is restarted and register those scripts to run in the appropriate
sequence; after network services are available. I can't help with that.

The above instructions build the modules as shared libraries. You need
to use LoadModule in your httpd.conf file. You can link the libraries
statically, but I don't see good reasons to do that.

Thank you for the overview.  I will try this.

Cheers,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!