From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:02:28 PM
Subject: Re: Not Sure If This Is An Appache Problem Or a PHP problem

Xpert Advice wrote:
> Ok I think we've stumbled onto the problem.  I think you may be right it
> may be a file permission problem because I have moved this php.ini file
> everywhere.  I moved it to the apache2.2/bin folder restarted the
> computer restarted apache didnt work.  I moved it to c:/windows folder
> restarted computer restarted apache didnt work.....

> when i load the test page every single time no matter which folder i put
> it into this is what i get for paths
>
> *Configuration File (php.ini) Path *     *C:\Windows *
>
> **
> *Loaded Configuration File *     *(none)*

Did you STILL fail to turn off UAC?!?  Listen, as long as it's on, you can
only PRETEND to put files in c:\windows.

Look, create another user account on the machine.  After you *THINK* you
did something, log in as the other user.  Look for the same file you thought
you edited.  See if your change is there.

Yes, UAC is a PITA.

You are better off using the PHPIniDir directive to set the path of the
php.ini file to your apache2.2 conf\ directory.