Virtual Hosts - main site disappears with vhosts

I have been working on this, reading the documentation, googled, but haven't found the solution:

I administrate foo.bar.edu.my. Until now, it is one CMS. In future, we want to use more, so I tried vhosts.

This is what I added to hhtpd.conf:

diff httpd.conf.novirtual httpd.conf 974a975,991

NameVirtualHost *
    <VirtualHost *>
    ServerName foo.bar.edu.my
    DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *>
ServerName 2ndfoo.bar.edu.my DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs/2ndfoo
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *>
    ServerName anotherfoo.bar.edu.my
    DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs/anotherfoo
    </VirtualHost>

Now, 2ndfoo.bar.edu.my and anotherfoo.bar.edu.my show up as expected.
But the main site, foo.bar.edu.my, is gone. Pointing the browser to it, brings me to some Google search site for a strange intsvr:

$ lynx foo.bar.edu.my

Looking up foo.bar.edu.my first
Looking up foo.bar.edu.my
Making HTTP connection to foo.bar.edu.my
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
'A'lways allowing from domain 'foo.bar.edu.my'.
Data transfer complete
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Using http://intsvr/CIP/v3/
Looking up intsvr
Unable to locate remote host intsvr.
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

This looks like some DNS-problem to me. Still, with the original httpd.conf all is fine for foo.bar.edu.my. How could the DNS come in, after Apache has been contacted, and the VirualHost directives serviced?

We are running Apache 1.3.29 on OpenBSD.

Any help with this problem will be highly appreciated, thanks!

Uwe