Re: Re: close to success with RewriteRule

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:17 AM, André Warnier <aw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alain Roger wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> so if i understood well, apache understands as comment only and only if
>> the
>> line starts by "#" character at position 1.

> Anyone with a more rigorous answer ?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/configuring.html#syntax isn't
bulletproof wrt to comments and leading whitespace (although I've
never seen a problem there)

Directives in the configuration files are case-insensitive, but
arguments to directives are often case sensitive. Lines that begin
with the hash character "#" are considered comments, and are ignored.
Comments may not be included on a line after a configuration
directive. Blank lines and white space occurring before a directive
are ignored, so you may indent directives for clarity.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx