Re: finding the cause of a hung apache with 500+ child processes

On Monday 15 September 2008, 21:36 André Warnier wrote:
> Markus Mayer wrote:
>    Through my experimenting, I also found
>
> > the solaris command pfiles.  This is much slower, but lists all files
> > that a process has open at the time of calling.
>
> Did you check if "lsof" is available for Solaris ? It does the same kind
> of thing, has more options that one can digest, and on Linux at least it
> is not slow. But I never tried it for 500 processes.

lsof is available, however I either have to compile it myself or get it from
SunFreeware, neither of which is acceptable because it needs a number of gnu
libraries which for various reasons will not be put on this system.  Still,
thanks for the suggestion.